Sunday, July 22, 2012

My Very Own Creamy Tomato Soup Recipe

I'm posting this here so I don't lose this recipe. I can say with certainty and pride that I made this one up myself. Love it because it can be lenten or not.

olive oil
2 cloves garlic - minced
1 small onion - diced
1 large carrot - shredded
1 can canellini beans
1 28oz can whole tomatoes
16-24 oz Chicken or Vegetable Broth
1 tsp thyme
1 Tbs Herbs de Provence
2 Tbs Earth Balance or Butter

Saute garlic, onion, and carrot in olive oil until soft. Add beans, tomatoes, herbs and chicken broth. Simmer until beans are softened - about 20 min. Puree in small batches until completely smooth. Add Earth Balance or Butter and stir. Serve with crusty bread or fancy grilled cheese (duh!).

The added butter at the end really makes this soup so creamy, so delicious. You will never ever want eat Campbell's Tomato soup again.

No comments:

Post a Comment